Jul 12, 2015

Rain, Rain take me to the childhood lane.

           In the morning, when I was dropping my kids outside the school gate, it was raining heavily When I asked my daughter to carry the umbrella with her, she refused uprightly and told me that she wants to enjoy the rain . I told her that she might get sick after getting wet in the rain but she was not worried about it. She said,:" Whatever, but as of now, I want to enjoy the rain." By saying this, she waived me a bye and entered the school. While coming back to home, this forced me to think that how carefree the kids are and how easily they can enjoy every moment.



           Is this the childhood which makes them so 'not to worry about anything'.  I still remember when I was a kid I used to love rain a lot and not to miss any opportunity to get wet in the rain. Even now, I love it but do not take any risks. What if I get sick, who will prepare meals for the family, who will send the kids to the school, who will finish the daily chores of the house. Oh, all the silly things would come up in the mind.
Today also, I love rain and enjoy it from one of the window of my 4 bedroom-flat. I do not have the courage to get wet. Though, the child within me jumps, gets excited and tells me to go out and enjoy this moment. I still remember those carefree days of my childhood when in the buzzing sound of rain we used to play, we used to make paper boats, still like the fresh scent of mud, the puddles, when a peacock make a sound. everything about it.

    So, I pulled over my car on the side of the road and stopped it, came out to enjoy the rain without giving a second thought about anything else. The cold raindrops filled me with so much energy and took me back to many years ago in the childhood lane.



Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.
                      by Rabindranath Tagore



No comments: